Monday, October 08, 2007

Music - Celebraiting 'core.

I love all variants of break beat. If it has 'core in the name, I probably listen and lust after the sound. It's unfortunate that modern music has no place in the fantasy role-play settings that I frequent, but I'm working on justifying the use of 'magical synths' and whatnot in order to convey the gripping euphoria to other characters. I'm in the process of creating a 'core-based bard too.

Of course, what does music matter? I've labeled myself a drug-factory. Not because I do any substances, but I'm exceptionally comfortable and euphoric when I have music thudding in my ears. Luckily, my brain gets that essential 'high' without killing itself.

My ears are currently turned toward di.fm's DnB and Hard Core channel. Ever since I started looking into buying a pair of Creative Aurvana DJ headphones, the desire to act like a disciple of rhythm was pounding. Granted, I've read reviews and they say the bass isn't too great, but I'm certain they're better than Sony MDR-V150s. Granted, I really want a pair of Shure earbuds or Sennheiser 595's, but since I'm head-phone fashion whore and a guy who likes going on a limb for $60, Aurvana's will be getting my bills. Yes, I can get new Aurvana DJs for $60. I'll be looking forward to breaking them in, experiencing the thrill of new, unchartered merchandise and writing about it.

No comments: